Friday, August 9, 2013

Indonesia: Connor's Perspective

Well, I've now lived "overseas" for roughly 1/8 of my life.  Whatever that means.  It's what Mom and Dad tell me, anyway.  Personally, as long as I still get fed, have my diaper changed, and have plenty of wiggle time on the floor, I couldn't really care less which hemisphere I happen to be in.  That is, of course, provided that Mom and Dad (preferably Mom) are close by.  That said, this "Indonesia" place is really not bad.  Here are some of my favorite activities over the past month and a half.


I have gotten quite a bit more mobile since leaving Spokane.  I can roll and scoot about anywhere I really need to go, which becomes a fun game with Mom and Dad.  I like to try to roll off the bed or couch, or anything else they set me on, before they can see me and catch me!  It's great fun, although so far I haven't quite succeeded yet.  I have also discovered that rolling around and exploring underneath the coffee table next to my "pad" in the living room is great fun!


I've taken a great interest in reading over the past few weeks.  My two favorite books are "The Bear Snores On" and "The Little Blue Truck" which, as you can see, I'm fully capable of reading all by myself now!


I've made some really good buddies over the past few weeks.  This is Tate College.  I got along quite well with him and his three brothers.  They didn't even mind if I needed to take a nap after playing hard!


Another favorite pastime I've picked up here in Indonesia?  Drinking cold water on these hot, muggy Indonesian days.  I like it best if I can hold the cup and do it all myself, but because of my drinking problem, Dad or Mom often hold the cup for me.



Dad is giving me scooter driving lessons!  The helmet fits me perfectly and there's even enough room in there to wear my binky.


I can reach the handlebars without any problem at all, and I can easily see over the speedometer.  I don't have to reach the pedals because there aren't any!  Too bad we're leaving for Spokane tomorrow, because if I had just another week or two, I bet I'd be on my own by then.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. haha! That picture with him in the helmet is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete